10.24.2005

Vacation Day 4 & 5

Day 4: Aruba
On the whole I was a little disappointed in Aruba. If you just want to lay on the beach this is the perfect place to go. I love the beach but I hate the sand. I also turn lobster red after only about an hour, so by the time I get there and get comfortable its time to go home. The shopping on this island is the thing to do. But I'm not really into that either, and we learned that the prices are better on other islands, so this was much more just a window shopping experience. We went on a tour, but the tour guide had a lot to be desired so we really didn't learn as much as we would have liked.
The ship didn't leave until after midnight, so we explored a little and had lunch at a place called Iguana Joe's. It was good food, but nothing special and not as "local food" as I would have liked. We were going to go to this local place for dinner, but we were so full from lunch we ended up back on the ship for a late dinner instead.

Day 5: Curacao
C's sister and I started the day at the spa. I had a 25 minute massage and a Ginger and Lime Sugar Scrub. It was nice to be pampered and I love seeing the products they use and the ingredients they have so I can go home and try and make it for myself and make it better.
We then went on a tour of the island. It is a very small but interesting place. The downtown still has its Dutch influence and is very pretty. After the tour we started walking around the shopping district. It is just a really cute island.

No comments: