6.18.2012

June 10-17, 2012

Not sure how I did it but somehow I had a super crazy week and a kinda quiet week all at the same time!

I think it is because we are caught up on inventory right now so there isn't a lot of crazy going on in the shop. So instead I filled my days with meetings and such.

I have a few samples to make, but once they are approved I will have the go ahead to make wedding favor soaps. 400 or so tiny bars. I love this and am super excited to have this opportunity. I met with the family Monday night and worked out all the details, now I am just waiting for some molds to arrive so I can start to make the samples.

Wednesday I  met with a wonderful woman who has a fledgling gift basket business. She was looking for natural products and it seems like I may fit the bill. She bought some stuff to start out with and will just let me know when she needs something. I will update her info onto the web page this week so you can contact her direct.

I have another opportunity to put a flyer for my products at a local wedding and banquet center so I hope that this brings me more special orders since they are so much fun to do.My Meeting Thursday was with a graphic designer so it can be extra special spiffy!

Thursday I also drove out to Kutztown with B so she could scope out her space and get a feel for her booth location. It takes so much stress out of a new show when you have some idea of where you will be and what is around you. .

Friday I knit with my friend Linda. We have been concentrating on hats and mittens for charity. We hope to have a few dozen of each done by September and then we can find them a home. If you know of a charity that works directly with people in need, let me know. We prefer not to donate them to anyplace that will just sell them, we would like them to go directly to someone who needs them. In the afternoon I inventoried at one of the stores I am in, and delivered an order. It was a crazy busy day!

Dad had the farm markets in Lehigh and Bath. Lehigh celebrated their 10th anniversary and it was a great day! It was our best sales day ever, the weather was great, the music was great, and they had lots of items they raffled off, including a gift basket from us. Dad was so excited he had to call me to tell me how well he did. It was excellent!  Friday in Bath was another strong showing. It really seems like this year the markets are picking up for us and we have to look into doing more next year maybe. If we don't both drop from exhaustion first after this year!

Saturday I hit the garage sales and flea markets again. I LOVE to garage sale. We picked up two chairs at the Burnside New to You Sale that The Ornamental Lady can use at the Kutztown Festival (chairs are supposed to be wooden to keep with the festival theme) and she didn't have any. I also found a few more gift baskets so I picked those up too.

Sunday dad fixed my wooden chair I use at the show and I got inventory back over to the store in Easton so that is all squared away. Only one more place to get caught up on inventory and then I can rest for a month or so. I have had to make it a monthly thing now to just take a day and do inventory everywhere. If I don't it will just keep getting away from me and I have to keep a better handle on it all.


So that is is, my quiet, yet busy week. Looking back it really wasn't all that quiet was it?

No comments: