6.26.2012

Back to work

So I really don't think that my schedule will calm down any until New Year's. It was another crazy week and my list of things to do just seems to be getting longer rather than shorter.

Monday and Tuesday I taught bath fizzy making to a few hundred young ladies at the Nazareth Day Camp. It was a fun way to reinforce some math and science concepts. We discussed ratios and the Ph scale and acids vs. bases. After the brief lecture we got down and dirty and made the fizzys. My friend Nadine was gracious enough to come help me. She was the official wrapper assistant. Without her to help guide the wrapping and packaging it would have taken me twice as long.

Wednesday afternoon I left for Puerto Rico to be with C. He had some family business to attend to and he hasn't been home much so I went down to lend a hand and some support. The trip was busy, and much too short, but I had to come back and get ready for Kutztown.

So while I was gone Dad held down the fort. Wednesday he vended at Fellowship Community. This is always a great place for us to go. The residents and staff are always so friendly and generous. We expected for this time to be slower on sales because we had done so well last time, but happily we were wrong and he sold way beyond our expectations for the day.

Thursday was Bethlehem Farmer's Market at Campus Square. Another fabulous day! I can't believe the growth in this market we have seen this year and it really excites us.

Friday was the Bath Farmer's Market. Here again, another fabulous day. Sales here have bounced back from last year's lull and are the best yet for us at this market. There was a freak rain storm that damaged a bunch of the tents. Luckily it was just tents and product that were damaged. Everyone was safe and sound. We made it through just fine.

Saturday was Furry Fest. The focus was on the pets so we really didn't fit in all that well but we still had a good day. Dad was happy to be able to support the place where we adopted Ted because that little guy has added so much to our family. Next year they hope to have the event at the Sanctuary itself and I think that will be a big improvement.

So that was my last week. Now I have to go catch up on getting orders sent out and inventory p

No comments: