1.12.2011

Workshop Wednesdays

Since I am on this new blogging spree, Wednesdays I will be sharing all that is going on in the workshop. I hope that this gives me a better tally of what gets done each week, and you a better understanding of what goes into making this business work efficiently.

This is a short week, I got home Monday afternoon and immediately unpacked, opened mail, and paid bills before they were late. And I wrote out my list of things to do. I was super exhausted, so I didn't do much on the list other than get everything ready for the next days work.

Tuesday we made Bay Rum soap. We need 7 batches of it to fill the coffers, so we made two to start out with. We needed a short day so we could run errands before the snow started falling. In between stirs, I reorganized the fragrance oils, rebottled everything that needed it so it fit on the shelves, put away containers that had arrived while I was gone, and started sending out show applications. Once the soap was done it was off to the bank, the post office box, and Target before back home. Then after lunch I finished the show applications (10 in all), filed the last part of 2010 (so I can do taxes soon) and then took the last few hours before bed for me.

Today (being Wednesday) the plan is to make three more batches of bay rum, shovel snow, put away the last of the containers, send out orders that have piled up, and update the web site for the LV Co-OP to reflect what is in stock and available. Depending on how much snow there is, I might get more done, I might not... I'll let you know next week :)

No comments: