1.14.2011

Fiber Fridays

Many of you know that I knit. You can usually find me knitting at events, and there I am working away at a washcloth, or a bath mitt. But I knit for fun too.

But I am a process knitter. What does that mean? It means that I knit for the enjoyment of knitting. I enjoy learning a new technique. I enjoy being able to use a yarn because of the way it feels in my hand, or because of its color, or because I remember where I was when I bought it. I buy yarn when I am on vacation so I have memories of the places I have been. I participate in yarn swaps so that I can receive a surprise in the mail from someone in another part of the country, sometimes in another part of the world. It means that I don't care what I am knitting, or who it is for, I just care that I am knitting.

This leaves me with many, many extra finished projects laying around the house. I give some away to friends and family, and some to charity, but I am still left with boxes of finished projects. There are only so many shawls and hats and sweaters a girl needs. So I am going to start to post some of them here, one per week, and then add a page to the web site too. I am going to offer them for sale, for just the cost of the yarn. This will let me go out and buy more yarn, and enjoy many more hours knitting. Some yarns are inexpensive, some I got on sale, and others are quite pricey. I love the look and feel of hand dyed, hand spun yarns. I am often blessed to be able to barter soap for these yarns, and sometimes I am not, so I splurge. I figure I don't drink or party, so good yarn is my vice in life.

This week I start with a cowl. A cowl is a neck warmer that you can't loose off your neck like a scarf. I love them because I don't get it caught in the car door, or have some odd bulk stashed under my coat. The yarn is hand dyed and hand spun 100% wool. I bought it while in Maine a few years ago while on a cruise with C. It was a limited edition color, so I can't get any more even if I wanted too.

I designed the pattern myself. I had knit a hat for C's dad and liked the stitch pattern so much that I designed a cowl around it.

So here it is:


It is a mere $35.00 (shipping included) and if you want it just click the button below.
.





No comments: