1.28.2011

Fiber Fridays

I finally got the opportunity to knit some this week. Not a lot, but some. Last Friday at K1C2 Knit Night I knit a heart washcloth for my swap partner. It was well received and it was actually a pretty cool construction technique. One of those times, you doubt following the pattern will really give you what it says it will.

I also knit a stuffed cube for C's dad. This should give him a way to exercise his hands without too much resistance. He is one of those people that is constantly playing with something in his hands and I hope he likes the soft cotton texture and the size of the cube. This one I didn't follow the pattern. I did for the four sides, knit in in the round on dpn's. But the top & bottom were confusing to me, picking up stitches and stuff, so I just knit two more squares and seamed them on. I figured it wasn't going to get a lot of rough abuse (the pattern was originally for baby toys and needed as few seams as possible to reduce choking hazard should one break).

Last night I started a shawl for C's mom. It is a modification of an existing design that I am making double wide with a slit for her head. Kinda like a poncho, but not a poncho. It is the first time I am knitting with Knit Picks yarn and it has a great hand feel. One kind I am using is a little splitty, but as long as I pay attention it is no problem. I like knitting with it even though it is black and sorta hard to see the stitches. I think this is going to be a faster knit than I expected and I hope to have it done in a few weeks.

I have also decided to go through my knit projects, take pictures, and start an Etsy site for them, for extra supplies I need to sell, and for old displays that need to be sold. I was going to put them up on my web site, but I prefer to keep the knitting split from the soaping. So no more up here for sale either, but I will let everyone know when the site is up and when it gets updates.

Hope to see you this Monday night at the Pints N Purls Knit Night at the Bethlehem Brew Works at 6:30. Its downstairs by the pool tables :)

No comments: