1.18.2011

Lots done in the workshop this week

We accomplished quite a lot both in and out of the workshop this week and it feels great to look back at it all.

Soaps: we have finished getting our inventory levels back up in Bay Rum, Black Cherry Oatmeal, Blue Lagoon, and Egyptian Cotton. Full inventory starts at a few hundred bars of each soap, depending on fragrance. Once we sell a batch worth, we make another batch to replace it. That usually means we are only down a batch or two at a time and very rarely ever run out. While I was away, Dad made Shampoo Bars and Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey so we are done with 6 of 22.

Lip Balms: I got three of the ten flavors done.

I also got the workshop organized and inventoried. New labels on boxes, new places for everything and everything in it's place. Almost all my supplies are ordered and most have arrived and have been put away. The newsletter was emailed, website was almost completely updated, finished the 2011 order form, orders were mailed out on time, and I started researching new craft shows to attend this year.

Still lots to do but as I go down the list it takes longer and longer to get things done, as I tend to leave the most complex stuff to the end.

This week: finish lip balms, start lotion bars, make fizzes, get out the hard copy newsletter, talk to a shop about consignment, make more soap, and generally lots of paperwork. Let's see what I can get done :)

No comments: