7.24.2006

June 22-23 Blueberry Festival at Burnside Plantation

I have one word for you- Redemption. Last year I was worried about the future of this show and after this year, despite the rain, I am feeling as though it is back in track as a strong, vibrant, local craft show. Many of the crafters (but not all of them) that I personally disagree with their presence were gone, and there seemed to be more crafters this year than ever. As usual the blueberry pies and ice cream and other goodies were top notch and I was unable to say no to the temptations, as I now have three pies in my fridge (I wonder if they freeze?). It rained all morning on Saturday. A hard rain, enough to keep all but the most dedicated away. By the time it cleared, people already had set plans to do other things besides walk around in the steaming sun at a festival. Sales wise, I was surprised that I made what I did. Sunday was a good day- a strong Sunday, but not enough sales to make up for Saturday. All in all I made very close to the same amount as I did in 2005, which is still about 50% less than 2004. But I think that if it hadn’t of rained this show would have been as strong as 2004 and possibly better. It was nice to have J with me- even though she hates thunder storms, and anything that resembles camping (which being in a craft tent sort of does). But she knit her very first bath mitt and started a second one, reading the pattern all by herself…I’m so proud of her and I wish I could pick up crochet as fast as she has picked up knitting. It’s been a good, solid start to a long craft show season.

Best Sellers:
Soap: Lavender
Bath Fizzy: Gardenis
Bath Salt: Lavender, Oatmeal Milk & Honey, Wisdom (tie_
Lip Balm: Chocolate Truffle
Lotion Bar: Autumn Amber

No comments: