7.24.2006

June 17-23- Week 29

Well its official- show season is starting and I am totally out of shape and unprepared for this season. I can barely remember how to put up a tent, and getting organized on my side of the table is a challenge. The week went well and all in all has been positive, with many great things. I learned how to fold some awesome paper boxes, I participated in Emmaus Heritage Days for a few days at Out of Our Hands, and I received my new labels for my lip balms and lip glosses- so I had the opportunity to get some of those labeled as well.

Monday: Dinner with B&M. After a long hot day, B was a little dazed and confused. I think we all were. I cleaned the house in the morning a little, and the rest of the day, plumbers, handymen, and flooring guys came in and gave us estimates on some work we’d like to have done in the house. Yikes! Some of it was a little more pricy than we expected. Especially that sink in the basement (and water, and pump, and counter…).

Tuesday: Paid bills, started putting together stock for Out of Our Hands, went looking for a sofa, knit- finishing a shawl. The sofa hunt was interesting. Man there is a plethora of ugly furniture out there. Lots of stuff that is dated, and lots of fur magnets. With three cats I need to make sure whatever material I choose isn’t just a large lint brush in disguise. The cats will lay on it and leave behind the equivalent of another cat in fur and I’ll be constantly trying to vacuum the thing.

Wednesday: I finished putting together Out of Our Hands stock, went to the post office, picked up dry cleaning, and bought yarn for my next few projects- a child’s poncho for my nieces birthday, an adults poncho (same but bigger) and a Runan (I think I spelled that right) essentially a poncho without all the bulk, and much more style. With my show schedule these should keep me busy till September.

Thursday: I spent the morning at Out of Our Hands with a display outside because it was Emmaus Heritage Days and I am an Emmaus artist since we moved in June. Yippee! Unfortunately the scalding heat drove away most people who may have come by. That evening I went to a class with B about paper box making. It was very cool. I had made boxes before but in a different way and in a way that needed a lot of measuring, these were just so easy I’ll be making some of them for sure. I want to see if I can figure one that will hold bath fizzys. I think they would look great in folded boxes.

Friday: I wrapped lip balm in the morning because I got my new labels in. I messed up and bought the wrong size label though. So once I run out of these 2000 I need to measure again and order the right size next time. J came in the early afternoon. We were going to set up for Blueberry Festival but they were calling for rain, and with the downpour we got I was glad we didn’t set up. Instead we went to AC Moore and I bought a rotary paper cutter so I can cut those new labels down to the size I need more easily. We went to Out of Our Hands from 5-8 where I set up again. It was quiet, but we had lots of fun hanging out outside. We got packed just as the rain started.

Saturday- Sunday: Blueberry Festival at Burnside Plantation.

No comments: