7.10.2006

July 3-July 9 Week 27

I can defiantly tell that the year has surpassed its half way mark- the stress is ramping up and my list of things to do is getting longer and longer. The new house sure adds some new duties- I have a higher expectation of myself to keep it sparkling clean- as well as wanting to decorate and paint etc… I have to remind myself that some things will just not get done till January, my off season, when I have the time to do things right. D is just about complete with all of my new labels and tags, and the shop is almost arranged how I would like it. I hope to get back to making soap this next week, so I can see how much the fragrance permeates the new house. The cool thing is I can close my shop door and turn on the cool fan my dad made for the window, and send a lot of it outside (I’m sure my neighbors will be happy).

As for the week:
Monday: we drive my dad back to his truck, and C got a speeding ticket on the way. In the morning we took a trip to the old house and got a bunch more stuff out of it. Later in the afternoon dad came back, he had been told he didn’t have any work till Wednesday and had found a place nearby to park the truck.

Tuesday: I started the day doing a major overhaul of my desk and office area, starting a to do list and a to do pile. I started in on the pile doing what I could do via the internet and things like that. It made me feel more normal to be able to see the top of my desk and have a handle on things.

Wednesday: I paid show fees (a few were overdue, whoops) organized the shop some, finished my long list of address changes, went to the grocery store, and mailed an order I had received over the weekend.

Thursday: Ran more errands: bank, PO (applied for a PO Box), target, and then arranged the shop some more.

Friday: Mailed an order, got my PO box (PO Box 1, isn’t that cool!) and then knitted for much of the day. I finished a shawl I was working on and started a new scarf with this ribbon yarn that was a bear to ball from the skein, but is so pretty, so far it has been worth every minute. I also go back to doing some yoga in the morning and riding my stationary bike. I hope that this combined with some better eating habits and taking a walk at night will get me in better shape.

Saturday: We finished the old house. All clean, all empty. OK, so I might have to go back and clean the ½ bath in the basement- neither of us can remember of we cleaned it or not. So C is stopping by after work to check, and we officially clear this next weekend. Then its over!!! Not to rent again…

Sunday: I had a terrible night of sleep and finally got up because the cats were pestering me for food. I arranged stuff on a new bookshelf we bought, and did quite a bit of laundry before C got up. We then went to Pier 1- only to learn that out furniture is no longer made so we can’t get two more chairs for our dining set, then to BJ’s where we must have been thirsty because I now have a half a dozen new beverages in the house, and then to Target where Mr. Rockefeller (C’s new self appointed nickname) and I bought new pillows and throws, some rugs for the kitchen, and all that fun stuff. B & M brought us to dinner at Bob Evans and just about midnight J arrived for her stay this week. Whew, long day…

No comments: