4.17.2006

April 10-16- Week 15

Well its been one heck of a week. I have been having trouble with my digestive system for some time now and I finally decided to go to the doctor this week and see if modern medicine (which I have very little faith in) could actually assist me in my quest for a normal life. I had gotten to the bottom of my bag of holistic medicine tricks and it was time to give in to the pharmaceutical hype and try some Western medicine mojo. All I can say is that Nexium is a “magic pill”. I have eaten more over this weekend without any of the cruel side effects of calorie consumption that I typically endure than I have been able to eat in a long, long time. Now I don’t think that this acid reflux on steroids that I have been experiencing is the end of my path, but the last five days sure are a heck of a lot different than the last five years. Next week I have an ultrasound and the week after that I meet with my doctor again and get the results of some blood work, so this is just the first chapter in what might end up being an interesting story.

Monday: After Sunday’s exhausting trip home from the show I ended up using Monday for a catch up day (instead of Sunday night). I made a number of phone calls that I needed to return, blogged, paid bills, and just did random paperwork- like inventory and show applications. I also did homework which luckily ended up to be much easier than I had anticipated.

Tuesday: I started making up some samplers and caught up on all the soaps that I needed to get edged.

Wednesday: Milled soap and got a couple of orders ready to get out. I got my first overseas order the other day- England. I thought it was pretty cool. I also started making shaving soap. It smells so good. The color is weird because of all the clays in it. But I think it is going to be one heck of a bar.

Thursday: What started as a simple doctors appointment turned into a day on the sofa. See, when then went to take blood, I passed out. I think what annoyed me the most is the fact that I am not afraid of needles, or blood, it was just a natural reaction that some people had that made me go all wonky. Needless to say- I had to try this again a few days later. And although both the doctor and J told C that I was fine, I compromised an sat on the sofa all day- he wanted me to sit there all weekend!

Friday: I escaped my sofa prison and ran errands- groceries, bank, post office, drycleaner etc…

Saturday: I started the morning having my blood drawn and lo and behold- I didn’t pass out this time. I had drank so much water I thought I’d float away, and they kept me there for like 30 minutes to be sure I wasn’t passing out some time in the future either. C and I went for breakfast, then I came back to the house and did some homework. Then it was yard time. C is trying to cut down these crazy Wisterias we have growing in the back year that are literally tearing our fence apart. Later that evening we went to B & M’s for “Blessed Food”, an Easter eve ritual where you pack a picnic basket or cooler with food, bring it to church to have it blessed, and then bring it home to enjoy with family and friends. All I can say is- Good Stuff! Then we went on to beat them at a game of Pocket (an odd sort of Canasta like game).

Sunday: Easter. We spent some time in the yard and then I cooked a really good meal- pot roast, masked potatoes, creamed cauliflower, spinach salad, and a pie. Later that evening the Kiffle Fairy came bearing gifts (B bringing over home made candy and desserts). Yum!

No comments: