4.08.2006

April 7- Hofstra Flower Show- Day 1

Hofstra Flower Show-Day 1

Well because C was gone for work I didn't want to make the drive out to Long Island by myself in the morning so I drove out on Thursday. Good thing- I got lost three times and it took me almost 4 hours to make it to the hotel by the time it was all said and done. I was starving when I got in and was very happy to see that I had cookies in my room and a bottle of water. After I swallowed them down I left to find some dinner. There is a steak place down the road that caught my eye and I had a mice (oops, nice...) salad and prime rib sandwich. Nothing special but good food. After that I went back to the room and worked on schoolwork and some accounting that I needed to catch up on.

Friday: After a terrible nights sleep-these walls are paper thin, I got up, had a nice breakfast, and went to find the show and load in. I was expected around 9 am, and I gave myself 2 hours for a 30 minute drive. So I got to load in early- only four trips down the elevator with the big carts they had available. What amazed me the most was load in. I knew I was early so I parked over to the side of the loading dock so as not to block it for someone who had an appointed time, and the one other person who showed up while I was there had to keep blocking my path up the stairs- they had a whole dock to use! It's amazing how some people just don't notice or care- just proves no good deed goes unpunished.

My neighbors are great people. I have learned about some new promoters and some shows that I have been interested in that they all do. Although sales were slower than I had hoped for- I didn't make my goal for the day-I had some great conversation and great customers as well.

The quality of the stuff at this show is top rate It is a relatively new show which I did not know (about 4-5) years now and it is growing each year. If I can make my sales goal I may be back next year- it certainly has potential.

C landed about 9:30 and made it to the hotel about midnight. Words cannot express how glad that I am that he is home and safe. I feel bad, I need to wake him up so we can leave soon.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Generally I don't like mice in my salad. But I'm a picky eater too. I suggest that you try grape tomatos and chunks of fresh mozzerella next time. =)