3.04.2012

March 2-4 Lehigh Valley Flower Show

Hmmmm. where to begin...

This show has sooo much potential. It is only the second year they have been doing it again after a hiatus and a management change. It is small but beautiful, needs more flowers and some few other tweaks, but, overall I have been doing well so far. Not everyone can say that.

One this I have noticed about other artisans is that they tend to fall into two categories: people that are realists and those who are pessimists. Often pessimists can't be made happy no matter what their profits are, something is always wrong- the crowd is too small, two big, wrong age demographic, not asking enough questions, asking too many questions, you name it. These people are hard, if not impossible to make happy. Other people are realists, they can look at a show, see their potential and if they meet that potential they are happy. They may not return to that show the next year, because they could do something better, but they mak ethe best out of the situation they have while they are there.

I try and be a realist.

Based on that, I am pretty happy with this show. I think it should cost a little less, but it is early March and inside so I can't complain too much. I have made back my booth fee, and a small but acceptable profit. It will allow me to pay for three or four shows that are due this next week and usually I am putting those on a credit card, so avoiding that is great.

We have also found another show in June to do and those are few and far between, and we have adopted a cat from the rescue set up at this show. He is at home on a trial basis. And if he gets along with Fuchsia he can stay.

I can only believe reports from others that "last year had better sales" but I am satisfied so far.

No comments: