3.18.2012

Just catching up

Well there is a little bit of catching up to do and earlier today I was reading this blog back from 2005 and I appreciate the ability to go back and remember such things, like looking for a new house, and what shows I did and things going on. I never thought in 2005 that I would still be blogging pretty regularly. I never kept a diary and I never was good at it, but I guess in years to come this is going to be the record of what was going on in my brain and exactly how far I have come.

So since I last posted Dad adopted a cat. He went a week trying on many names but it ended up being Teddy, because when he looks at you with his puffy little face he looks like a teddy bear. But around here cat names never just stop at that. So his full name is Theodore Harold Houdini. His first day in the house he figured out how to get into the ceiling of my workshop, and he hasn't stopped escaping out of places, or disappearing into small spaces ever since. Luckily he likes his name (and attention) so he typically comes out when you call him, but for the first week there was at least one time a day where the whole house stopped and searched for the cat.

 I have been on a diet and exercise plan and have lost about 7 lbs so far. I am happy to be able to fit into my jeans without looking like I am going to blow a gasket. I started running again, this time the 5K101.com program. It is a little more aggressive and since I was doing so well last year I thought I could turn it up a notch. I have been able to run Week 1 with no problems, just need to complete it one more time before moving onto week 2. I have also been riding my stationary bike on off days and next week I am adding some strength training like squats and pushups. The first pounds have come off fast but I have already hit my first plateau, so time to change it up and get going again.

 I seriously haven't had a soda (even diet) since the end of January. I tried a diet last week and it was sooo sweet, couldn't handle it. I know I have to drink more water, and less propel zero but I like the flavor and right now that is my go to drink. I also have been trying to run at a different park every time so I can see if I can find one that I really like. It is nice to get out of the house by myself and get into my own head a little. I also have been trying to cut down on my TV and read more. Basically I read that watching TV burns 60 calories an hour (the only thing with less is sleeping), but even sitting and reading will burn 100 instead. There is something about TV that zones us out. So I have been reading, and listening to audio books as I knit instead. Right now I am going through my knitting books one by one and reading them, making notes on what patterns I want to make, and then if I decided I don't like or need the book I am passing it on. I will eventually go through my aromatherapy, herbalism, gardening, and other books the same way.

 But that is about it. I plan on taking some time today to get this blogs sidebars updated and in general keep cleaning out my life and work of all the clutter. See you next week!

No comments: