10.01.2011

Couch to 5K Week 5- Day 1 Another try

SOOOOOOOOOO CLOOOOOSSSEEE!

So I think I finally figured out a route that has some hills but no killer ones, is challenging, can be expanded as I run farther, and is on quiet roads. YAY!!!

Today I:

Walked 5 minutes
Ran 5 minutes
Walked 3 minutes
Ran 5 minutes (ok 4 minutes 57 seconds, just as I gave up the time was called to stop)
walked 3 mintes
Ran 4 minutes 40 seconds (I only gave up because as I was trying a new route, I ended up on a killer hill right at the end. Next time I take a right rather than a left)
Walked 5 minutes

So I really consider this day conquered. I did this on about 5 hours of broken crappy sleep. But the day was beautiful, the air was crisp and cool, not humid at all. I felt my lungs expand and not scream about it.

OH- and for the first time after the first five minutes I felt like I could run longer, maybe a minute or two more... that's cool.

So Monday I give this day's routine one more try and if I can do it I will go onto the next day.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

"Ran 4 minutes 40 seconds (I only gave up because as I was trying a new route, I ended up on a killer hill right at the end. Next time I take a right rather than a left)"
when i'm on a hill and know i just cant jogg up it anymore, i turn and jog down til i feel better then either when i feel better or when it's walk time, i turn back around to continue the path in the right direction. that way i dont have to stop before my jog part is over.
good job!