9.29.2011

Couch to 5K Week 5- Day 1 Again

Better today I ran the first and third intervals and half of the second. I just can't seem to stay away from the hills. I kinda live in a valley so no matter which way I go I start out uphill or end uphill. I would rather start out uphill.

So today I went one street over where it is still uphill but more gentle (kinda) and then meandered my way aimlessly through the streets taking the path of least resistance in the general direction I wanted to go. I thought I would end up way far away from home at the end, but was only about two blacks away when the final cool down ended. Not bad at all.

I have to thank Rebeccawip for keeping me going. She is a friend I met on Ravelry and I think if we had met in real life we would have been great friends, but her life brought her to France instead. Like me she is struggling to do what is right rather than what is fun and falls off sometimes and then picks herself back up. But no matter where she is in her struggle she takes the time to keep me pumped up. Today as I ran that final interval I thought about writing this blog and how proud of me she would be. Thank you for making such a difference in my life.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

good God you've got me all teared up and that's about all i'll say rightnow
other than good job!