10.10.2011

Jordan UCC Bazaar & Chestnut Hill Fall for the Arts

Saturday dad did the fall Bazaar at Jordan UCC in Allentown. He reported back that it was a pleasant day. Load in and out were easy, the food was good and inexpensive, the pies are great, and his neighbors were friendly. The congregation is happy and many turned out just to explore the used book sale, or attic treasure sale and then have lunch. The event has many components to it and it can be a fun few hours of indoor entertainment.

Our sales were mediocre, but the event may have actually been plagued by good weather, as it was actually nice enough out for outdoor activities, which may have hampered attendance. The church is just a few miles from home and we hope to take part again next year. It is especially nice that it falls on the same weekend as the Chestnut Hill Fall for the Arts Show, so we can attend a show both days of the weekend.

As for Chestnut Hill: OK, so I was a bad, bad girl this year. I forgot about this show and I sent in my application late. I got a spot, but not my old spot from year's past. I was quite a way's away from where I used to be, right in the hustle and bustle of it all, and the slow sales showed that many of my usual customers couldn't find me in my new location.

Sales were quite a bit down from last year, but I just need to get on the ball next year and be sure to get my application in on time. The weather was beautiful and warm, the food is always plentiful, affordable, and very tasty. The artisans are always the best quality, and are plentiful, I would guess easily a few hundred of us turn out to line the streets for the day.

It is also wonderful that the show is only on Sunday so I can double book the weekend with a Saturday event someplace else. We will have to see how next year goes, but I am pretty sure a spot more central to the activities will help sales for sure.

No comments: