10.17.2011

Couch to 5K Week 5- Day 1 Another try- Again

So a chest cold and some general self misery has kept me from running for the last few weeks. But I had a good talking to myself, and watched the pounds crawl back up the scale and promised myself to get going again.

So I started again with Week 5 Day 1. I finally found myself a route I like and can modify as I run farther. It is a series of lops, kind of like two figure 8's next to each other, so I can just keep adding loops around my self made "track". And I ate before I ran, so now I can do this with food in my tummy and not get sick to my stomach.

So how did I do?? I think I did pretty well.

Walk 5 minutes- Done
Run 5 minutes (ran 4:30)
walked 3 minutes- done
run 5 minutes (ran 3:00)
walk 3 minutes- done
Run 5 minutes- Done!!
walk 5 minutes- done!

So I am feeling pretty good. After the first interval my chest was on fire but by the end I seemed to have found a rhythm and felt invigorated. I also stubbed my toe near the end, but I kept going. It might hurt tomorrow but no real damage done- gotta love my Vibram shoes, they keep even a klutz like me from hurting herself.

OK, time to go jump in the shower, got a day of selling a head of me, can't be all sweaty gross for that!

No comments: