9.27.2011

Couch to 5K Week 5- Day 1

So I finished day 1 while I was on vacation: on a treadmill: on zero grade. I felt indestructible.

So with my inflated ego I started out yesterday with the plan on running Week 5 day 2. I failed. Miserably. I walked the first 5 minutes, ran 5 of the first 8 minutes, and walked the rest of the routine. I was tired, with a stitch in my side, throbbing legs, wheezing chest, and soooo thirsty when I finished.

So with yesterday ringing in my head I set out again today.. back to Week 5 Day 1 routine. I will attempt this day until I can strongly finish it, and then go on to Day 2. It might take me a few weeks to get there, but I will.

Week 5 Day 1:
Walk 5 Minutes: done
Run 5 Minutes: done
Walk 3 minutes: done
Run 5 Minutes: ran 2.5 minutes, walked 2.5 minutes
walk 3 minutes: done
run 5 minutes: ran 3 minutes, walked 2 minutes
walk 5 minutes: done

I changes up my route, it shakes out the cob webs and gets me over the innate fear of hills I have. This changing of the route moves the hills within the routine and I can't psych myself out over them as easily. This started me out uphill today- the whole walk and first run was uphill. I also finished today much mess wheezy than yesterday. The humidity is less and I am overall feeling better today than yesterday as well. I will take tomorrow off and try again Thursday. Now off for a shower:)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

ygg!
i have sooooooooo fallen off the wagon of running and of ww
i just cant get back on it and am really loathing myself over it all.
io'm gaining weight daily too it sees...lovely

sory to rain on your parade
what iwant to say is you'tre doing great! and i'm proud of you!