9.03.2011

Couch to 5K week4 Day 1

It has been almost exactly a month since I last ran. Last year when I tried this program, August was the death of me and I never picked it back up. This was pure laziness on my part. So this year I swore to myself that I would pick it back up where I left off and keep running.

It has been a few months since I last officially weighed myself, and the scale says that I have lost 10 lbs! I had been thinking lately that I was feeling thinner but I didn't let myself get too excited because last time I felt thinner but had only lost 2 lbs. So I have lost 8 more since then. So not only does the running make me feel better, but I look better as well. I am finally below 170 and 160 is my next big goal...Maybe by Thanksgiving!

So I ran today- week 4.... no going back to week three, just keeping on with the program. and I did better than I expected to.

Walk 5 min- done!
run 3 min- DONE!
walk 90 sec- done!
RUN FIVE MINUTES- DONE DONE DONE!!!!
Walk 2.5 min- done
Run 3 min- I ran 1 of the 3
walk 90 sec- done
run 5 minutes- I walked it
walk 5 minutes- done

Do I started out strong and walked the second half. But I reminded myself that I have more tries at completing this week ahead of me and that it was more important that I can run again in a day or two than to wipe myself out today. I also am proud that I could come out so strong after not running for a whole month, strong enough to run my longest time ever!!!

I ran slow, but steady and it was that pace that let me run as much as I did. I am super happy today that I ran again and that I did what I did. It is a beautiful place to start building on this fall.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtg on weight loss! wtg on getting back on track
i myself havent run in as long as you - august is bad for that isnt it? heat, busy busy, extra food :P
i started back ww on wed. i gained back every single ouncce i had lost (plus .5 pounds more :P)
but i'm trying to look ahead instead of behind and ignore allmy past failures that will not determine my future! easy to say, huh ;)

wtg! keep up that great work
i'm proud of you