7.07.2010

Its a HEATWAVE!!!

Take a cool shower or bath to help cool down. Using products that contain mint (like Rejuvenation) will make you feel cooler because of the natural menthol present in the essential oils. Bust mostly try and stay relaxed, stay cool, and drink plenty of water. Remember your furry friends and put out an endless supply of water for your pets, and even the wild birds would enjoy a cooling bird bath!

I have been working in the shop, and on the computer updating the web site, blog, and newsletter. Luckily the air conditioning is on and I have been comfortable. Today dad went and did the farmer's market by himself, and we will go out later to pick up some supplies.

I have not been running- we have had air quality alerts every day and I can feel my chest tighten just as I go out to get the mail. Better safe than sorry. So even if the heat doesn't bother you, take this time to check on your neighbors, especially the elderly and ill. Get to know them by bringing over some iced tea or lemonade- it is a nice gesture without seeming too intrusive.

But it will be a while before this heat really lets up, so take care of yourselves!

No comments: