4.07.2008

March 30- April 5 2008

Sometimes things just come together in the strangest ways. Maybe because it is spring…maybe it is the fact that dad started his new job so I am less worried about him, maybe it is because the sun is rising earlier and I am getting up earlier and enjoying my morning so much more, maybe it is because the warmer sun is working the pain and stiffness out of my underused joints, maybe because it is making the workshop brighter and warmer, and just maybe it is because of all of these things, but this week has felt like a turning point.

I have made changes, I am getting up earlier, I am doing more things, and doing more things I have put off and haven’t wanted to do. I have started working on my web site again, a brand new design with a brand new concept and theory (KISS- make it clean and functional, and done). I have started a new way to approach each day- the list of “24”- 24 things that I need to do each day from sunrise to bedtime- both work and personal- the “hot list”. It is keeping me focused, I start tomorrow’s list as I work through today, and when I am done, I am done and can relax. I have also broken some big “frogs” into little “frogs legs” (like 3 years of filing- now just trying to put 20 things a day where they belong). Some days go fast and I can start on the next day, some slow and things get pushed till tomorrow, but things are getting done and I feel more accomplished than before because I am recognizing more things I am doing not just recognizing the things I haven’t done yet.

So as a recap of the week:

Sunday I spent the morning in the workshop. I got things ready for the week and C helped me get the 2007 stuff out of my files and into some order.

Monday I was sick- really sick. C stay home from work to take care of me sick. Can’t leave the bedroom because I’d be too far from the bathroom sick. Don’t even feel like knitting sick. Sick.

Tuesday By the mid-morning the “bug” had passed but I was physically drained still. No calories in 24 hours and sore all over. Are rice and chicken broth all day. I also slowly started getting some things done- some laundry, the cat pan got cleaned, I sent e-mails and regular mail, did dishes, paid bills, ordered supplies, blogged, and played a video game, as well as napped a lot.

Wednesday I began the list of 24. It stated out as an overwhelmed feeling of things to do so I started to list them in importance- 12 for the business- 12 for the house. I figures I am up 16 hours a day so I only need to do 1.5 things an hour from waking to sleeping. In the shop I made soap and lotion bars, and samplers, in the house I did more laundry, dishes, and cleaning up.

Thursday I tried again with the list of 24. many things were a direct connection to things I did yesterday (put soap into molds on Wed, take them out on Thursday) and many were things I usually never wrote down but had to do anyway (like answer my inbox of emails). I actually had a tough time thinking of 24 things I needed to do without hitting my “procrastination list” (that list of things you put off forever and feel guilty about), so I started doing some things off of that list too (like starting my web page again).

Friday I cleaned the house and did an accounting spreadsheet I had been putting off. In the afternoon C and I went to pick up a loner car for him till his gets back from the shop. That way I can have my car back if I should need it during the week.

Saturday I started out early at the grocery store and then C and I went to Target and BJ’s. I worked on the web site more and putzed a little in the shop. Dad made it home late in the evening, after dinner. He had been gone training for his new job.

No comments: