4.01.2008

March 23-29, 2008



Overwhelmed, I just feel overwhelmed. The list of things to do just keeps getting longer, the number of days till my first show and a very busy May are getting shorter, and I just don’t know quite where to start with it all. I haven’t had time to really relax, I just feel like I am going all the time, and when I do have time, life comes in and smacks me on the forehead getting me going again. But then again, that is they way isn’t it? When I finally could sit, pull the covers up over my head, and start to have a private pity party, the phone would ring, it would be an order and I would have to put on my smile and then go back to the shop to get it filled. I think this is just life’s way of telling me to get off my arse and get going. That the only way the list will get shorter is by doing something on it, and the only way to loose time, which you can never get back is to sit around and waste it.

Sunday was Easter. I made a really good pot roast and we all spent the day painting (after a run to Home Depot to choose the color and pick up the paint)

Monday: Dad and I went to pick up lye and oils, we also stopped at a cheese factory and a wholesale distributor nearby. We had lunch along the way and when I got him I ordered supplies, paid bills, emptied the van, mailed orders, and knit some. Dad got notice that he got a new job- at the place where he wanted to work- I am excited for him and he is excited too!

Tuesday: B and I went to Longwood Gardens. I had never been there before but the place is spectacular and the weather was perfect to enjoy it. We had a great lunch too and we stopped at a yarn store where I got some yarn to knit B socks. I should get to them next year sometime, LOL! Later that night I cooked dinner and got the dishes put away.

Wednesday: I caught up on e-mails, made soap with the new lye and oils, vacuumed, put soap away, started cutting soap and putting away supplies and got some show applications mailed out.

Thursday: I made soap, worked on getting samplers finished, and started pouring lotion bars.

Friday was errand day: We went to Target, the bank, Office Depot, CVS, the drycleaner and the grocery store. Then I tried to hide in bed- didn’t work!

Saturday: I worked in the shop, getting soap cut up, getting samplers almost finished, and generally cleaning up and getting ready for a busy next few weeks. I made some Aloe soap and got some more lotion bars poured.

No comments: