4.17.2008

April 6-12, 2008

This week my “list of 24” really has started working out for me. I haven’t gotten 24 things a day done yet, but I have gotten close, and I am getting better and better at being able to gauge exactly what I can put off for the next day and what I can’t. It is also helping me see how busy my day will be a few days in advance because things are added continuously. For example, if today I “take soap from molds” then I know tomorrow I need to “cut it into bars”. If I “pour shampoo” today than I know the next day I need to “release it from molds” and the day after “cut shampoo”. So I am writing down the steps that come next as they apply. This means that if on Monday my Friday is already pretty full I know not to add “lunch out” or “give the cats a bath” to the equation. And then I keep a “master list” of all the big things that need to be done so I don’t forget them, but I am not sure exactly when they will fit into the schedule yet.

The good thing is that I am doing, the bad thing is I am loosing track to what I am doing for blog purposes. I think these will be come a more overall idea of accomplishments for the week rather than a detailed list of what has been happening each day, unless a day warrants it’s own post. So there will probably be more of those in the future.

So this week I have been working on small chunks of a few big projects:

The web site- it is almost at a point where I can post the new site. Just a few more days to go.

My “favorites”. I have literally thousands of web sites bookmarked for ideas and for education, and for sales leads, etc. I have stated going through them about 20 or so a day and cleaning them out. Good ones get written down in a notebook and then deleted from the computer, bad ones just get deleted and others get filed where they belong.

Ravelry: my stash of yarn. I have been inputting it, and need to take a bunch of photos. But eventually it will be all logged in one place and be wonderful

Magazines: I have over a year’s worth of magazines that I haven’t read. I am trying to go through 2-3 a day, glean out the important stuff (to add to the notebook) and then recycle the rest. No more clutter!

The notebook: It is a place where I am gathering all of my thoughts into one place. The magazines I have saved because of one website- write down the site and recycle the magazine. The page I ripped out from a magazine because it has a cool recipe for an herbal bath- write the recipe in the notebook, toss the page. Computer full of “favorites”- write them down and delete the link, no more thousands of links to wade through when searching for something. Think of it as the mother of all lists of things to do.

Also this week was my UWBW meeting with B. And C went to Mexico Wed-Sunday. That gave me a few days to get lost of soap made and long days to work without worrying about dinner. So the business overall is getting back into shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy!

How did you come to decide that 24 things was the way to go instead of say 22 or 56?

Unknown said...

I figured there was 24 hours in a day, I would like to try and sleep 8 of them, leaving me 16 hours to accomplish stuff, 1.5 things an hour seemed reasonable enough to be a challenge but not so large that I could never get them done.