4.16.2007

April 2-8, 2007 Week 14

Monday started with C leaving early to go to Virginia for some pointless meeting. That is one thing that frustrates me the most, is the seemingly pointlessness of it all. He can very rarely ever explain to me exactly WHY he is traveling someplace for a meeting. This is not because I lack the capacity to comprehend, or he the capacity to explain, but because it is something he doesn’t understand himself. And always he gets there, goes to the meeting, and then at night (or when he returns) still has little to no idea why he needed to be there in the first place. Usually it is just because someone else that needed to be there (or was there) wanted C to do their job for them. So his presence either spared another person the agony of attending, or the agony of listening/participating.

I took the day and made soap and soap samplers…..

Tuesday: Late in the evening C returned from his trip. Too late for a respectable dinner. I despise when plans mess up my dinner plans. I like to cook, I love to cook, (I hate to clean up), and I like to show my affection through food and through food that is good for you…

I took the day and made more soap….I’m only about a week behind my impossible schedule….

Wednesday….more soap and a few gift baskets that needed to be made to contribute to a few places….

Thursday…. Needed to buy supplies, it may be enough to get me through the rest of the year, maybe not... It is getting to the point of the year where I need an income, my money for supplies and show fees is running slim, and every purchase hurts. In January all the purchases are fun, there is money in the account, credit available on the card, and the year holds promise and delight. By April I cringe with every check, hold my breath as checks clear, and pray for good weather in late April and May so I cam make some money..

After picking up supplies I explored a few yarn stores on my way home. One was cool, so cool, it’s a secret…

Friday: I made soap (now that I had supplies to do that) and made fizzys…

Saturday and Sunday: they were spent getting ready for a visit by J and K&M. And we turned it into a spring cleaning. Saturday we had Blessed Food with B&M. It is the second year of this tradition and I think its better than Easter itself. Some people eat the blessed food on Easter itself, but B’s family it was a day before Easter tradition. Food is made and then brought to mass where it is blessed. There is something about all that food hanging out together and trading fragrance (not to mention the blessing) that just makes it taste better. There is usually bread, ham, kielbasa, hard boiled (decorated) eggs, potato salad, and of course dessert, which B makes from scratch…Yum….

No comments: