1.15.2006

January 9-15, 2006 - Week 2

Monday: I had gotten some orders and some request for samples over the weekend so Monday was spent getting everything ready and out the door. I also made Lavender soap and worked on homework, happily actually understanding my Perl assignments and getting them right.

Tuesday: Lunch with the girls at the UWBW. The topic for the day was organization. We each brought in a list of a few things that we were good at organizing, and a few we need help on. I realized that after the hard work that I've put in the first few weeks of this year, I'm not too behind after all. I have built some good foundations that I think will carry me though the year as long as I follow routines as best as I can and fall back on them when I feel lost.

Wednesday: More lavender soap. This makes me up to quota on Lavender. Total 3 down, 20 to go. I also started on some Wisdom as well. I also got some supply orders placed which is a great thing.

Thursday: I made basic soap (4 big batches) after I got home from running errands. Groceries, Bank, Post Office, Drycleaner, and Kitty Food. I also packed for the trip, worked on more homework, and cleaned up around the house a little.

Friday: It was the autopsy meeting at Main Line Art Center for the Fall Craft Show. Once again we beat our sales from last show. It just keeps growing and growing, and that is even with a few days of snow and terrible weather to boot. After that I picked C up at work and we left for West Virginia. It was about a 3 ½ hour ride down and once we got there we explored the town. It started to rain so we never really got out of the car though. We did find some awesome hot dogs for dinner. They had mustard, mild chili, and coleslaw on them, yum…gives our local place a run for their money for sure!

Saturday: We got up early and went to the jury session (that's another post) and then we drive to Harper's Ferry and walked around. I had never been there before, it is a very interesting place. We found a cute place for lunch and by the end, the rain and the cold came in so we just left and drive around for a while before heading back to the hotel. Later we grabbed some dinner at the buffet place across the street from the hotel and went to try and find a movie to watch, but everything started about two hours from when we were looking, so we ended up watching TV for the rest of the night.

Sunday: Rise and shine and a very windy drive home. We stopped at Cabella's for lunch and to walk around for a bit and then headed home. Now I'm just trying to catch up and get ahead. Making the grocery list, paying bills, and blogging my little fingers off. Back to work tomorrow…

No comments: