1.23.2006

January 16-22 Week 3

Monday: C got the day off from work and I worked feverishly all day. Besides making soap and the usual chores, I had to work on homework that I didn't understand and couldn't get to work. This Perl programming language is just Greek to me. It might as well be hieroglyphics. It will be a miracle if I can get through this class.

Tuesday: More soap (what a surprise) but J ended up coming over in the evening. She needed me to sign some paperwork and I needed some help in the shop so it worked well for both of us. She made it around dinnertime.

Wednesday: I got my orders ready. J made some bath fizzys. I also made some more soap. We got the paperwork all finished and grabbed some lunch. In the afternoon she decided to stay another night. That way she could make some more fizzys and get some more homework done.

Thursday: still in the shop. This week I got a total of three more fragrances made, for a total of 17 left to do. I have to start keeping better track of what I get done each day because when I look back on it I can't figure out where the time goes. I know I am crazy busy during the week, I just can't remember what exactly I spent so much time on.

Friday: Errand day. After the groceries and the post office I came home and started experimenting. I played with making a facial mud mask, a salt scrub, and a herbal scrub. I'm not thrilled with the mud mask. It is too gritty for me and seems to spread unevenly. It also is too dark. The mud I used is almost black and it is really scary to put on your face- I was so afraid that it may stain my skin (but it didn't). It was nothing like the clay masks I am used to using. I haven't tried the others yet. I also got meat ready to make jerky. C loves jerky and last time we were at Cabella's we picked up some jerky spices, so I cut up the meat and got it curing. I wanted to pickle some carrots too, but I forgot to get an ingredient, so that is next week.

Saturday: Homework day.. C helped me figure out one problem from last week that I couldn't get to work and I completed 1 of 4 for this week. I am so glad that we are in week three already- only three more to suffer through.

Sunday: House hunting. We are looking for a house. We know this will be a long process. We looked at 7. One we couldn't go into because the open house had just closed. Of the other 6 we went into two. One had the most awesome basement for me to work in that I have ever seen, but the hose itself was just too, too small. And the other we saw was just a jigsaw puzzle of additions to an original small house. I mean this thing had walls that moved so you could get furniture into rooms. It was weird.

1 comment:

Randal L. Schwartz said...

What text are you using to learn Perl? Many recommend my book, "Learning Perl".