1.09.2006

January 2-8, 2006- Week 1

Week 1 2006

Wow, I cannot believe that I actually kept up this darn thing for a whole year. It has become such a part of my life and routine I don't know what I would do without it. Many of my friends have blogs now, so we have one more way to keep tabs on each other. Its funny, now we just phone each other and ask "Read your blog, got more to say?" sometimes the answer is no…

So what have I gotten done this first week of the New Year… well I have kept up with one resolution- exercise- I rode the stationary bike for a whopping 18 miles this week. I also cooked dinner almost every night, and when I didn't we went out- not ordered in. I got my website updated with new products and with a page of sale items. I finished and sent out my newsletter and got a bunch of orders too! Yahoo! I finished organizing the basement- including putting up a spiffy dry erase calendar. Each day is a 12"x12" square with the day of the week clearly labeled. There are more squares for my list of things to do, and things to buy, as well as one each for my daily morning, afternoon, and evening routines. Next to it is one of those big desk size calendars so I can write down things in advance, where they will be translated to the big board one week at a time. I also have two more regular calendars upstairs- one for shows- when applications are due, when I should expect to hear about acceptance, and when the shows actually are, and one for school, with my assignments clearly listed and crossed off when complete.

I filed my paperwork for my NJ Tax ID#, so now I can officially and legally participate in shows in New Jersey. That should open up some new adventures later this year. I finally went to the bank and got my "online" straightened out. I can finally transfer money from by business checking to my business savings online. What a concept…

I decided that I am going to try to get accepted to this show in West Virginia. It means that next weekend C and I need to drive down there for a personal, onsite jury. I'm excited about the whole process since I have never been juried in person before. I am a little scared though, just because that type of stuff scares me to death.

I started classes: Advertising Management and the other is Interactive Web Design (perl). Both seem pretty interesting and I realized that once these are complete I only have 10 more to go and I'll be finished. It should be at the end of 2006 and then I need to decide what I want to do when I grow up, LOL!

I also made soap. I decided on a minimum inventory of each fragrance that I want to keep here in storage and I reached that goal this week with two fragrances: Love Potion and Rejuvenation. 2 down, 21 to go! At this pace it should be the end of March before I'm done. Which is good since shows start in April…

1 comment:

David said...

If'n you roll through town I'll buy you lunch.