11.05.2012

October 15-Present, 2012

Um, where did the time go? Oh yeah, I have been in the cave I call a workshop making oodles of soap, squeezing in a vacation, and then coming home to the super storm of the century!

So lets do a quick synopsis:
October 15-19 we made oodles of soap trying to get ready for the last few months of the year. Seriously, I mean 4 batches a day, plus lotion bars, lip balms, and anything else that popped up on the radar. The night of the 17 & 19th I helped a friend make boxes and wrap up my soaps for use at a wedding as favors. Jeez I hope they liked them, I haven't had time to ask!

The 20-27 C and I went on a vacation. We explored New Mexico, especially Santa Fe, Taos, the Enchanted Circle and that area of the state. It was wonderful, and beautiful, and I still needed a vacation to recuperate from my vacation, even though we took it easy and tried not to overdo things. Highlights included a visit to an Alpaca Farm, a stay in a haunted hotel (I was too tired for any ghost to wake me up) a visit to a pueblo, and a cool Tram trip.

While I was away Dad took care of the last week of the Lehigh Valley Farm Market, Ottertoberfest at the Zoo, and a show to benefit Habitat for Humanity at Moravian College.

I returned just in time to stock up for and experience Sandy. We were lucky and only lost power from Monday night through Wednesday night. Even then I took the opportunity to finish making all the sachets and I had printed labels so lots of things got labeled too.

Once the storm passed it was time to do the annual Apple Festival at Peddler's Village. Due to the storm, the show was just a shell of what it usually is in terms of sales, put there were dedicated buyers there so I know I made the right decision to go. It was crazy cold too, but the propane heater we didn't have to use during the storm came in handy so I was pretty comfortable except for the final break down.

This week is the last big push. Soap to be made every day, the last of the lip balms, a few bath soaks, and other miscellaneous things to take care of, like gift baskets and list of signage. But I hope to be done by the end of the week so that I can have a few days rest before set up next Tuesday. I have bought a new display, so I think the booth will be eye catching and interesting. Only time will tell and my anxiety is through the roof, I just which the show would start already and stop stressing me out!

Well that is the short story, hope to see you all soon and thanks for reading!

No comments: