10.15.2012

October 8-14, 2012

Whew, the week just flew by! I just found one of my "to do" lists the other day- things I wanted to accomplish in 2012.. guess what, about half are done, the other half- moved onto the 2013 list! I wonder if my dining room will ever get a new ceiling fan?

Monday and Tuesday we made LOTS of soap. I figured out a schedule of what absolutely needed to be made, and what I would like to have made to be sure I don't run out of anything in December. Then I overlapped these lists based on the fragrances and then scheduled in the fragrances from highest number needed to lowest. Whew! Plus, as the month goes on, we still sell, so this list can flux..things I didn't need a lot of in the beginning of the month, I may need more of after just a few orders. So I don't think of it as a schedule of making soap, just a road map to try and follow the best I can, fitting in special orders along the way.

Speaking of special orders, I cannot believe the overwhelming response to bacon soap! WOW!!! I think quite a few people will be surprised this winter with these gifts.

Wednesday I went to Fellowship Community for the last time this year and participated in their heath fair day. It was my best day there ever and I am so excited to see how many dedicated customers I have acquired over just a few short months.

Thursday I started the day at the Dentist. I had chipped a front tooth a few years ago and it finally needed to be fixed. Luckily it was pretty quick and painless. It even cost less than I expected as it wasn't as bad as they thought! I used the extra cash to treat the household to some goodies from Trader Joe's. Yes, my dentist is down by a Trader Joe's, I hate the thought of anyone else touching my teeth, so I just make the drive. After I returned I dropped off an order to The Knitter's Edge. JoAnne has put together the coolest knit kits-cotton yarn or aloo, a pattern for a washcloth, and a bar of my soap. They were so popular she had to make up more. I am sooooo proud and happy that she chose me to participate in this great idea! After the delivery dad and I went and set up the display for Oktoberfest over at ArtsQuest and had dinner at Looper's. Yum!

Friday We made more soap and I made some bath soaks too. Then I went over to the show. It was freezing cold and I was so happy I had my propane heater with me to take the edge off. Because of the weather sales were slow, but that wasn't unexpected.

Saturday was day 2 of Oktoberfest. It was a really good day for me and I had some great sales and lots of people telling me that they would see me in a few weeks at Chriskindlmarkt. The weather was beautiful and I really just had a fun day.

Sunday Dad went and did Oktoberfest. I was a little disappointed because I expected that the nice weather would bring out more people. But overall I did better than I expected to at the show and I am sure we will be back next year, probably for both weekends. While he was there I went to the Chestnut Hill Home and Garden show. It was super windy and my cheeks still are a little wind burned, but sales were much, much better than I expected them to be from a rain dated show. Overall the combination of the two shows lets me pay the bills a few more weeks, and that is always a blessing!

Oh and Sunday I was next to Geek Boy Press . I have seen him at a few other markets and have some buttons on my knitting bag, but I have been coveting a "are you my mummy" sweatshirt for some time now. I asked for it for Christmas, and Carlos got me one and when we got home, he didn't even make me wait till Christmas to wear it!!! AWESOME!!!

So I hope to see you all soon and thanks for reading!!!

No comments: