4.01.2012

Week of March 25- April 1

Well it has been a busy week. We tried vending at Kutztown University but it didn't go as well as we hoped. It is funny how things go like that in this business. You go into an event thinking that you are going to do great, and then you don't. Then there is that one gem, that one thing you expected to be mediocre at best and it comes out shining like a small diamond.

I have been busy at the computer. I have kept the web site up to date as well as the blog. I figured out how to post items for sale onto Pintrest. I also got a Facebook page for the business going. I am kinda bummed about that because there seems to be a whole bunch of things (like my newsletter application) that makes you have a personal account as well. I don't want a personal account. I had one for a week and I don't like it. Now I need to go and figure out how to get an account, make it so no one can see it, possibly block of unfriend a bunch of people in order to get it all straightened out, and then I can post my newsletter directly into the Facebook page. I also think I need to do that for my tweets to update too. And I would like blogger to update to it, but I am not sure if they talk to one another or not.

What I really want is to be able to only have a few places that I post, but to have them cross post to everything else. So I have been giving myself a crash course in social media. Wow, this is a pain, no wonder large companies have people that just do this stuff.

I have been working on getting new product pictures taken. I started with the easy stuff: bath soaks, shaving mugs, etc. Now I have to move onto the small stuff. I think that will all be much harder to photograph.


But I hope that by the end of April all the photos will be up and then I can start in on some other things I would like to do online. I was thinking of starting an Etsy site, and the Soap Guild has a place where I can sell too. Good photos will make that all much easier to get going on and make it look nice too.

I will be taking a week or so off for Easter Break and then will come back all ready to work hard and accomplish lots. Hope you all have a great Easter/Passover/Spring and see you in a week or so!

No comments: