4.23.2012

April 12-22

Woe, these 10 days just flew blew by so fast!

Saturday the 14th dad was at the event at the LV Zoo. It was very successful for the Zoo and we got to meet lots of new people. I think dad enjoyed getting to see his friends from the farm markets that he hasn't see since the end of last year.

C took a week off from work and we spent it doing things around the house. The list was long, but the wonderful weather held out for us and between the three of us, lots of things got accomplished. The garden is now done, it has it's stone boarder all completed. I got flowers planted in the garden boxes that surround the house. The shed got cleaned. I painted all of my displays that I use at the craft shows. The shed got a new paver entrance, so now the doors open easier and don't get caught on weeds. I took a great class on using a rain barrel and got one for free, so that got installed and will be working as soon as we get a hose. The lawn got edged and now looks all pretty as well. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There wasn't a day I didn't go to bed sore from the work, but happy from the time outside and the things accomplished.

Soaps were picked up by Butter Valley Harvest so they can try out selling my products at their farm stand. Hopefully they are received well and this can be the start of a great thing for both of us.

I attended the Earth Day Celebration at Muhlenberg College and that was a great success as well. The students there really have been working hard and the whole event was huge compared to last year and was really filled with great energy and excitement.

Yesterday's rain was a welcome sight. Not only will the garden love the moisture, but I was happy to just be able to do things inside and to be able to relax a bit.

So now I am energized for this week and the real start of craft show season next week. This week I have classes to teach, meetings to attend, costumes to figure out, a home show to give, and some time with my mom...

No comments: