9.28.2010

Visit to mom, New Hope Arts & Crafts Fest, and a headache, not at the same time

Last week I went and visited my mom. While I was there dad did the craft show at Linvilla Orchards. It wasn't a great show, but it got us invited to two more shows so that isn't too bad! He said he had a pleasant time and load in/out wasn't too bad. It would have been great if this was a one day show, but the drive down and back twice was a lot to deal with.

Mom and I went to the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown, a Butterfly conservatory, Vermont, and a bunch of places just around town while I was there. She started knitting her first pair of socks and finished them yesterday. She is already looking for her next pattern- I think I have created a monster!

I came back and did the New Hope Arts & Crafts show. A wonderful show. Sales were very good given it was my first year there. It usually takes a few years to create a base/following and I was very happy with my sales. There was even another soapmaker there so I did have come competition and heard a few times that people already bought from them so they would try me online. Load out wasn't that bad but it took 3 people to make it go easy. Dad went for the car while C & I loaded. Out on less than 30 minutes!

Monday I awoke to a migraine. Often I think of them just as a bad headache. Enough Migraleve and them become manageable and I can function. Yesterday was not one of those days. So I watched lots of TV in the dark and knitted my simple stocking in the round because I barely had to look down to do it. I had to stop when I got to the heel because it took too much brain power to deal with. Still a little bit today. Hope to get some soap made before back to bed for me.

No comments: