9.07.2010

No Shows does not equal Days Off!

So the Labor Day weekend left me with three days without shows.. but lets back up a bit...

Monday I had my cavity filled. My whole left side of my face went numb- including my eyeball. My eye wouldn't focus and I couldn't tell if I was blinking or not. Probably the oddest sensation of my life. The afternoon was spent with B watching the first disk of Dexter Season 4 and getting some lunch at 5 Guys.

Tuesday is when the pain set in. Not from the tooth but from the needle for numbing agent. I got up, made soap, took two Tylenol with Codine and slept for another 4 hours. Then I ate some soft lunch, put an ice pack on my cheek, and proceeded to nod in and out of sleep for another two hours. Then it was some dinner, some TV, and back to bed. Wasted day for sure...

Wednesday dad did the PPL Farm market and did well again. Such and odd show, you just can't predict how it is going to go. I got caught up on paperwork and made lip balms and lotion bars.

Thursday was errand day, and lunch with B. Dad did the Bethlehem Farm Market and once again, did well. I think this one is building for us and I am happy to see that.

Friday dad was at Bath, awesome as usual and brought home great corn and squash. C made it home that night and the weekend officially begun.

Saturday started with a quick trip to the grocery store so I can cook all week. I miss cooking and dad and I eat at such different times I won't cook for the two of us very often. So when C is home is when I really get to prepare meals. So I planned on a week's worth because he will actually be home for a bit!

Sunday was spent largely at the computer just getting things done. I have a few spreadsheets that needed to be updated, and a bunch of supplies / displays that needed to be ordered.

Monday C cleaned my displays and we did laundry. We also ordered the last of the things we need to finish the bathroom remodel.

So even though I had no show, plenty of things in the shop were done, soap was cut and racked, lip balms were made, and paperwork was completed. At home I gardened, cleaned, ran errands, and cooked. Busy bees we all are for sure!

No comments: