3.23.2010

Spring is springing!!

This weekend I started to plant my garden. Peas, Fava Beans, and Radishes were sown directly into the garden. Then it rained like crazy for two days.. hope those little seeds didn't float away...

But I also started seeds indoors so I can transplant seedlings outside. Last time I tried this, I left the window open and they died, this year I have them in egg cartons (the clear plastic kind) so they are like little hot houses. Keeping the cats away from the tender shoots and keeping them nice and warm in the sun room.

Not kidding.. I already have shoots! Purple pole beans and the kohlrabi have already started.. I seriously see green and split seeds. It is soooo cool. This is my favorite time because I like to check on the seedlings every day and be amazed by how much they grow and how fast they grow. I gave them a little spray of water, closed the lids, and will check on them again tomorrow.

My bet is the bush beans are next, with the peppers and tomatoes being almost last... those luffa will end up being the last things to sprout, I just know it!

No comments: