3.22.2010

Now I am better...

I came back with one heck of an ear ache. I thought it was from the flights, or the ear buds on the I-Pod, or general allergies. However, Tuesday night I gave a presentation about craft show metrics (or how to tell if you should go back to a craft show or not) and when I got home I thought my face was going to explode. The pain was unreal. My ears and my sinuses felt like they were going to burst. I took a double dose of NyQuil and covered my face and ears with a heating pad. And a few hours later I woke up, flat on my back, still with the heating pad over my face. Good thing it turns off on its own!

The rest of the week has been a series of yucky days. Ear aches on and off, post nasal drip, sore throat, general fatigue, and sinus pressure have been the typical symptoms. No fever than I have been able to detect. And I have been trying to let it run its course. Lots of tea with honey, rest, and sleep for me. No real medications except something before bed to help me get through the night without waking myself up with a dry cough. Just let nature do what it does and my body will find its balance.

Today I am feeling better and already have started my first batch of soap. Need to catch up on what I missed last week. I think I only have about 3000 more bars of soap to make. Then what I have should last me a good portion of the year. I have lots of show applications in that I am waiting on. I hope to hear from them soon so I can start some real planning of my schedule.

I also have been re-inspired. Years ago I would try and highlight an ingredient that I use or that is used in the bigger soap industry once a week. I really got bogged down with this research and the blog, and had to decide if I was a blogger or a soapmaker, and I decided I was a soapmaker. But after having a few cool discussions this week, I have decided I need to get back to doing that kind of research. But not once a week, I think maybe once a month would be a good place to start. I also think I will start by re-posting some earlier information and updating it, since some of it is 4 years or more old. I hope to get something done on this in the next week or so and then have a monthly informational post. I also now hope that since I have more readers, more people will benefit from this information than in the beginning.

No comments: