3.01.2010

Lehigh Valley Food Co-Op

I am SUPER SUPER EXCITED about this.. but I have been approved as a producer-member of the Lehigh Valley Food Co-op...

What is the Lehigh Valley Food Co-op???

Well I think they (we!!) say it best on the web site "Our mission is to sustain ourselves, our local farmers, our communities, and our world by providing local and organically-grown products whenever they are available. We are owned, run, and governed by a membership that involves all of our producers and buyers.

At present this website hosts a virtual farmers' market for the Lehigh Valley (Pennsylvania), where our members can buy and sell locally-grown food. As not all foods are available locally, we also offer a wide-range of bulk foods such as flour, rice and soy milk. Drop-off sites are located throughout the Lehigh Valley."

So now you can get my soap at the same time as you shop for locally grown vegetables and meats, as well as great bulk items, and other organic goods.

I placed my first purchase last week and I super excited about the quality of the product I got- meat, fruits, honey, and beans, just to name a few things. I highly, highly recommend that you join the Co-Op. I love the fact that I don't have to walk through a rainy farmer's market anymore to get the best produce, and that I don't have to love my schedule around when I can shop- I can just order online and pick up on Thursday nights.

This is also a great opportunity for people and families to volunteer. Just a few hours a month can greatly contribute to your overall food budget savings.

So join the Co-Op and join in supporting our local economy!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds wonderful in all aspects. good for you :D