10.13.2009

National Apple Harvest Festival- Weekend 2

OK, it is a sure thing that this show will not be on my list of shows to do next year.

1) Sales were down by 50%.

2) Wednesday there were high winds and B had booth trouble so I drove back with her to take care of the mess. The drive was too long, I mean to deal with a booth that is is who knows what shape and have over two hours to stew and worry about it is just too much to handle. My booth was fine but I am still glad I had the opportunity to check. Some people were not called and showed up on Saturday to find the destruction.

3) During the booth trouble I saw no security. They were supposed to be there but no one checked us in or checked on our identities. We easily could have driven in, taken a whole booth and stuff that was not ours and driven out with not a word from anyone. In fact there seems to have been some looting going on while the winds were high and the booths were open due to damage. There were things missing- things too heavy to blow away.

4) It was a whopping 37 degrees Sunday morning. Too cold for this soul to handle. I ended up taking Monday off just to get over the soreness and sniffles I had acquired. A day of making inventory lost :(

5) I walked around and most of what I saw was just not good. Lots of resale, lots of country, primitive, and other designs that I don't really fit into. My booth is more clean and spa like, so I didn't fit in with the decor.

6) And rude... thanks to all who spit while in my booth. Glad you chew tobacco, or sunflower seeds, or whatever, but the spitting while in the booth (even the girls spit!) really turned my stomach.

No comments: