10.05.2009

National Apple Harvest Festival- Weekend 1

Well I hate to say it, but unless next weekend is wonderful, I probably won't be back next year. There are actually quite a few reasons for this beyond the fact that sales are down considerably from last year.

1) I hate the drive there. It is only supposed to be 2 hours, but when you are driving home Sunday after a 10 hour day in the dark, well, let's just say that I am lucky I didn't fall to sleep at the wheel.

2) I hate the fact that it opens at 8 am. I am an early riser, but waking up to an alarm at a set time is a whole different thing. Then sitting outside when it is 40 degrees and having to be nice to customers is a bit of a stretch.

3) Downright rude customers. Not everyone is rude, but there are enough crappy comments to really bring a girl down... (Thanks again to the customer who admitted to my face that she was trying to pull apart a face scrubber till it broke.)

4) Vendor placement.. Really folks, putting the other soapmaker 1 booth away is a good choice on the promoter's part- I think not... Not good for the vendors not good for the customers and shows overall lack of planning/caring by the people who run the show.

5) Lack of good food- everything good is a hike and has huge long lines. When you are there alone this is a big problem...

6)The two weekend commitment.. too much and too many other good shows going on the same weekends that I want to try out.

7)The hotel stay. This year C used points so I didn't have to pay for the hotel, but having the lady be pissy because I was taking a yogurt before 6:30 am was a bit much. And the pillows are terrible (too soft) and the 40 minute drive is still far in the early mornings...

No comments: