7.20.2009

Blueberry Festival at Burnside Plantation

UGH!! 28% down in sales. Only about 40 crafters this year, and I would say 1/2 of them were lame (or not even crafts...). 10% of the crafters were soapmakers.

Me and another business usually are there and our items are so different it doesn't matter and hasn't mattered to my sales. I would have been livid if I was them, because the promoters actually put another soapmaker right next to them! I mean as they both set up I thought it was the one business expanding, not two seperate places.

As usual, although sales were down, I did meet some new people and I saw a lot of supporting, friendly, repeat customers. What a blessing! One person said she came just for me and to get bath fizzies, and given the show has an $8 entrance fee, that is a HUGE compliment!!!

I am going to have to really think about this one next year. I am going to look through my list of shows at some that I have never tried because this one has been so good in the past, and think about trying something new next year. Also, it will depend if K is in town next summer or not, it is certainly a show she could do by herself now, so that may be an option as well.

I hate to see a good show falter and this one has been teatering on and off for a while, but at least sales have been steady for me in the past. I am looking at it in a positive light- I have a brand new show next week, so I am hoping that fate is telling me I will need the inventory there!!

No comments: