2.26.2008

February 17-23, 2008

In college (and even now) one of my favorite poets is Edna St.Vincent Millay. I have read her biography and besides being a great poet, she was one, well, eccentric, lady. I don’t think now her life would be all that shocking, but in her day, well, let’s just say she had a knack at going for the unconventional. My favorite (short) poem is "First Fig" from A Few Figs from Thistles (first published in 1920), and many people know this one, even if they don’t know the author.
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!

My point being is that I feel this poem this week. I feel as though I am close to burning out. I am tired, and I am cold, and I can’t seem to get going. C says I am like this every year and this year is no worse or better than others, but I just feel cranky and tired. I am glad that I work from home because there isn’t one iota of me that wants to leave the house, for anything.

Monday: I paid bills (dad’s not mine, mine are piling up, ignored). I got some fragrances up on ebay, blogged, chose the new fragrances for 2008, did my 2008 catalog and order form, made soap, and cleaned up my shop that keeps getting more and more cluttered the more I try and keep it uncluttered.

Tuesday: I answered e-mails, ordered yarn for a baby afghan (not my baby), did laundry, painted the new office, washed shop towels, made soap, and mailed out an order.

Wednesday: made soap (surprise!), did dishes, and did accounting (finally caught up on 2007)

Thursday: emails, post office, bank, show applications, and taught an art class to a great bunch of kids- we made bath fizzys!

Friday: Snow day- shoveled twice, knit, had lunch with my friend B.S. Started feeling icky- maybe the flu?

Saturday: C and I started to move the office from one room to another, this means bringing desks and everything up a few short flights of stairs. I quickly stood up into one of the desk legs, knocking myself silly and giving myself a huge egg on my head, not to mention a big headache.

No comments: