2.04.2008

January 27- February 2, 2008

This week was all about bath fizzys and forcing yourself to do something you don’t want to do. I think that is one of the biggest problems with America- the procrastination, the inability to make ourselves do what we don’t want to do. I mean look at it, think about illegal immigration, and how many illegal immigrants do you know that are bankers, and lawyers, not too many. They fill the jobs that we as Americans don’t want to do- mostly labor intensive fields like landscaping, and jobs at restaurants, etc... Now I am not a guru on this subject, this is just how I feel. My point is, as a nation, we are obese because we don’t “feel” like exercising, we are stupid because we don’t “feel: like studying, we are lazy because we don’t “feel” like working. We need to kick ourselves in the pants and get going- on anything (other than watching TV and playing video games), even if we don’t “feel” like doing it.

This week J visited and we made over 2100 bath fizzys. There were many times I didn’t “feel” like making them. I was tired, I had a headache, I would rather be doing something else, but I pressed on and we got done over ½ of what I project to need for the year’s inventory. In 4 days. Pretty good if you ask me.

Over the weekend C and I finally kicked it into high gear and did things we didn’t “feel” like doing- namely painting. But this, when done, will let us move our office from the lower level to the upper one, so I can stop freezing to death all winter and so we can use the family room for video games and watching DVD’s. I can say, I “feel” accomplished. Maybe this feeling will translate into other things I haven’t felt like doing and I can kick this procrastination bug once and for all.

Feb 1st weigh in: 159 lbs. With my lack of exercise and the wedding, not to mention the extra holiday candy I am still finishing and switching my diet all around to go gluten free- I am pretty happy with 1 lb. My goal for the month: 2 lbs.

Sunday: We cleaned out the closets- the coat closet, the linen closet, and C cleaned the office closet. Things are where they belong and we got rid of tons of old, unused, crappy looking linens. I swept, mopped, vacuumed, cleaned off the glass surfaces (like tables) and generally just made the house look 100% better. And then I knit.

Monday: I went and picked up supplies in the morning and then cleaned and organized the shop. J came in the afternoon and we made a batch of fizzys (150).

Tuesday: Blogged, filled orders, measured out ingredients for fizzys, made fizzys (4 batches).

Wednesday: Answer e-mails, measure more ingredients, wrap fizzys, make fizzys (5 batches), knit

Thursday: Fill orders, make fizzys (4 batches), chill with J.

Friday: J to airport, laundry, cat pan, put books on half.com, work on house notebook, put laundry away, chems in hot tub, start to block knitting, take pics of knitting for Ravelry and post.

Saturday: Work on arranging playlists on dad’s I-pod, CVS, grocery, post office, drycleaner, buy cat pan liners. Nap.

No comments: