2.10.2008

February 3-9, 2008

This week I really got things done. It was busy, yet rewarding, and not overwhelming. I think that I am finally back on my game and ready to work. This of course means I have had to figure out a schedule and how long I think it will take me to get everything done, so now I have something to stress me out as I try and adhere to it.

Sunday we painted the walls/ baseboards of the spare bedroom that will soon become our office. While the first coat dried, we went shopping- getting a much needed new bedspread, picking up some crafty stuff I needed, and getting some electronics to replace some dying electronics. Then we did the second coat of paint, I fixed my dad’s play lists on his I-Pod and downloaded some new audio books for him, and read and answered some e-mails.

Monday I out some orders, mailed a box of stuff for my dad, blogged, paid some bills, did laundry, and yes, more e-mails….

Tuesday- my first day of making soap this year! Oatmeal Milk & Honey was the firstto get done. In between batches I got the shop cleaned up from last weeks foray into bath fizzys- there was as dusting of cornstarch everywhere. I got the last of those fizzys wrapped too.

Wednesday was Mango Fiesta soap. The new crock pots seem to be making a few more bars than the old ones, and I forgot how much faster the soap heats up when the crocks are new too. I also switched to oval ones. It makes stirring easier because the crock part doesn’t spin, so now I can stir with one hand. I got soap milled, started arranging some things in the shop- like my boxes of ribbon, and started working on the samples of fragrances for the weekend’s event.

Thursday I finished getting my fragrance samples done. Everything got labeled, logged into the spreadsheet, and boxed. I got all the fragrances for the weekend event complete and got fragrances that need to go on e-bay labeled and ready. I vacuumed the house and went to the post office. B and I met for our bi-weekly meeting and had lunch at Pickles. I still feel like this gluten free diet leaves me eating salads for lunch every time I go out, but I am getting used to that and it isn’t as annoying as before.

Friday Grocery, bank, drycleaner, mail order, block knitting, update Ravelry, work on paperwork for the next day’s “Sniffing” and knit a mitten.

Saturday the “sniffing” went well. I got quite a few of my loyal customers to come in, and some new people as well. It was a good broad demographic, from kids, to men, so I think I have a good idea of what to make next year. I’ll get that paperwork done in a few days and then announce the winners. In the morning before the event I had to run and pick up a few last minute things I needed, print out some voting forms, pack up the stuff for the event, etc. After it was done, C left to go on a trip for work, till Friday. I ate dinner, started knitting a hat, and watched the NASCAR race till I fell asleep.

No comments: