9.11.2007

September 9, 2007 Septemberfest Nyack, NY

This show was on a whole just disappointing, No where on the application or on the web site does it seem like this is anything other than an art/craft show, but it isn’t. It is a street fair filled with cheap imported junk- from wood bowls for $10, to sunglasses, and filled with cheap jewelry. The other soap lady there didn’t even make her soap, it was glycerin soap from some overseas company, with the name and place it’s made stamped right on each bar. She was selling those for 5/$10.

Somehow I didn’t loose money, but I sure didn’t make any either. I was between the pretzel people and the computer fix it company, so I knew right as I arrived that I was probably not going to have a good day. The other real crafters I talked to didn’t fare that well either. And you know you’re in trouble when there is only 4 port-a-pots in the whole place, and the food vendors have a dollar menu. This combination spells out low attendance that doesn’t want to spend money.
Once again, another one bites the dust…

1 comment:

Janice Judge said...

I agree - I am a jewelry artist and although i did not participate i checked it out and was not impressed -- expensive costs to the vendors starting at $185.00!!!!