1.07.2008

Welcome to 2008

You might have noticed that last year around September, I just stopped blogging. And some of you may actually wonder why. I tried an experiment around then, I had read up on how to become a good blogger, and how to possibly start making money off of your blog, and I started putting some of these things to use: blogging every day, blogging about similar things each week (like a herb of the week post) and generally trying to put more content into each post. Well, after just a few weeks I decided that I am not a blogger, I am a soap maker who just happens to blog, so I stopped blogging. I had gotten tired of “being out there” for everyone to see. I was feeling naked and alone and wanted to turn inward, to see what there was to see inside of me, what I liked, what I didn’t, and maybe how to change a few things in the process. This took a little longer than I thought, it was a road that brought me down a few paths I didn’t like to be on, and it left me pretty emotionally and physically drained… so I still didn’t blog.. Until today.

So I am back, and I am feeling well. The fall was a flurry of tough shows, long hours, weird weather, and a pile of hard life things too. I have made a few resolutions for 2008:

1) I plan on getting in shape and loosing some of this weight that makes me feel so bad about myself
2) I plan on working harder in my relationships with everyone, they are not there like fancy clothes to put them on when I am in the mood, relationships are like sweatshirts, you wear your favorites all the time and take good care of them so you don’t have to try and replace them anytime soon.
3) I am going to read more. I have tons of books and magazines here waiting to be read, and dad has over 200 audio books for me to catch up on. I think I am going to be busy.
4) Organize the house. I have been a FLYbaby before and I am going to try and FLY again, only this time with a few twists. All I can say is that when I get overwhelmed, it is having routine that keeps my head on straight.
5) Work hard. No more ½ days lounging on the sofa, no more procrastination. I am going to put my head down and work harder that I have in quite a few years, and I am sure I will see results.

So what are my immediate goals? A little exercise every day, to get the workshop organized so I can go back to work, and to catch up on some blog entries- I at least need to do a post about each craft show I did, so 5 years from now I have a record of them someplace and I don’t end up repeating one that is just terrible., besides that watch for a weekly update, every Monday, and a few posts here and there about what is going on in my life. If you are a knitter you can find me on Ravelry- PrivetKnits, and I will be posting all things yarny over there as the year progresses.

Besides that all I can hope is for a peaceful and prosperous New Year, for everyone!

No comments: