3.26.2007

March 19-25, 2007 Week 12

Monday: Back to work after a weekend that was way too short. I ran to the post office and got the info I needed to open up an account for bulk mailings. That should save me a bunch of money sending out my newsletters. Over the short run it is more expensive because there is an application fee and a yearly fee to have the account, but over the long term it will certainly save me money, especially as the mailing list grows in numbers. I worked on the web site some more, cut & milled soap, made lip balms, and made samplers.

Tuesday: I got the computer fixed. There was something going on where I couldn’t get online to work on my web page. It was like every other web site worked just fine, just not the one I really wanted to get on and do something with. I still don’t know what the problem was but after hours of conversations with my host company, my IP provider, and anyone else who would listen, it finally stated to work the next morning. I took an Aromatherapy class in the evening. It was strange. I had a hard time finding the place at first because it really just is a house with a few rooms used for healing modalities (like massage). I had a bad vibe when I arrived that the class was going to be hokey. It was in some ways but not the ways I expected. I usually get classes and sessions about herbs and essential oils that are wrapped in “new age” or “pagan” beliefs. I get very little real and scientific information about the herbs or oils. This class actually had some good information about the oils themselves, but was surrounded by “false information” about how there are no other pure oils except for one particular manufacturer. A manufacturer that I won’t name, but sells through a “distributorship”, a sort of “upline”, ok, multi-level marketing that inflates prices and makes dubious claims abut what the oils can do to cure and heal.

Wednesday: I made fizzys. I hate making fizzys. But I got into a groove and it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be. I got about 450 made during the rest of the week, and besides having a backache from standing, I lived through it. I also got some lip balms made and some soap.

Thursday: Like Wednesday but I got the fizzys I made the day befor wrapped as well.

Friday: Like Thursday. What happed to my days off on Friday? I used to get Fridays off but I have been so busy with so much to do I just keep working…

Saturday: We went to Best Buy to pick up a new I-Pod. We had sent one in to be fixed and it was lost by Best Buy, or UPS, no one knows for sure, they each seem to blame each other. After that we went to Lowes to order new blinds for the living room, dining room, and kitchen. It took forever to get them ordered, everything went wrong, they missed windows when they came to measure, the woman entering the information into the computer couldn’t type slower. When we showed up to do it, the one person who could help us was on lunch. Yikes! When we were done we were too tired to do anything else so we went for lunch and then went home…

Sunday: We went to BJ’s, and then a car show that was in town. It was more like a bunch of dealers getting together to show cars in an auditorium than a real car show. There was only one or two concept cars, and many manufacturers were missing. I was hoping they would have a Smart Car because I really want one, but nope. After the show we went home and I got to watch the race. Then we went to the movies and saw Shooter. It was a good movie and we enjoyed it. We had stopped for ice cream before and I got this huge milk shake.

No comments: