3.12.2007

March 5-11, 2007 Week 10

Monday: It was my second day in Atlantic City with B. In the morning we scooted over to the Trump Marina and then to the Borgata. We caught some lunch at a restraint back in Harrah’s and after lunch we hit the pool area. It’s small, but indoors, so there is not much better than a few hours in the pool on a 30 degree day. We went back to the room to clean up and change from out bathing suits and both ended up taking cat naps. We were tired from loosing all that money! We then went to dinner at the new buffet. It was good, but I miss the old seafood buffet. Now it is just like any other buffet in Atlantic City. Bummer. The rest of the evening was spent trying vainly to win back some dough.

Tuesday after breakfast we left Atlantic City on a whirl wind tour of Philly and its outlying suburbs in the search for cool bead and/or yarn stores. The find for the day was in Chadds Ford where B found a great bead shop, right around the corner from a great yarn store. Bingo! We hit the jackpot! We headed for the IKEA and then had dinner at Houlihan’s before making our way home for the day. It was a long and exhausting day, I was ready for bed as soon as I made it home…

Wednesday: Bonus day.. Why you may ask was Wednesday a bonus day? Well because I had put it in my schedule to expect to be out of town, thus not get any work done. Instead I caught up on bills, e-mails, mail, phone calls, etc. I even made a bunch of Lotion Bars and had time to shovel the snow before C made it home from work.

Thursday: Another bonus day! This one I spent making even more lotion Bars, a bunch of soap, and about 5 hours on the phone with my credit card processor trying to get my terminal to work, again.. This is an ongoing problem where the terminal won’t process a payment and they spend hours trying to “rebuild my file” or “fix the server” or some other junk excuse. I can’t wait to change processors.

Friday: Laundry day- I needed to wash my shop towels, I was all out. I also took care of some dad things (I have a big list of dad things to do and now am trying to do a few each week). I made the last of the lotion bars that I could, I now have to order containers, and started the March-April newsletter (yeah, I know its late) but forgot to save it, so I lost all of my data and need to start again.

Saturday: C and I spent the day out and about. It started at the Post Office, where I got two more acceptance letters. Then we ran to the drycleaner. We then started our search for a Salad Shooter, I need a professional grade one, so we decided to check out thrift stores and garage sales. I found one, but it was the small one, but I bought it anyway. Still looking for a professional one though. We stopped at Circuit City as well as Staples, Home Dept, and Target. Lunch was at Matey’s- it was real good cheesesteaks.

Sunday: Home depot again…The good news is I found a great sink at Home Depot real cheap. I am getting ready to redo my workshop and I wanted a new stainless steel sink. We just happened to go into the clearance section and they had a nice one for $100 off! So now I just have to find someplace to store it until the redo in June/July. We also ended up back at Circuit City and Staples. I got C to run through AC Moore with me, where I bought a new holder for my circular knitting needles. C also talked me into baking him cupcakes. So we stopped for cake mix and frosting too. Once we got home I worked on getting a new merchant provider (to get rid of the one I fought with all day Thursday) and I’ll hear back from them in a few days. Then I watched (read into this as slept through) the NASCAR race, cooked dinner (after I woke up) and then C and I took the rest of the night to discuss things like my catalog design, and my impending spring vegetable garden.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Have you been to Rosie's Yarn Cellar in Philly? Its supposed to be an awesome LYS.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I have heard of it, but haven't made it there yet. I've moved it to the top of the "next to explore" list.

Thanks again!
-Hedge