3.26.2007

March 12-18, 2007 Week 11

I hate when I get behind on my weekly logs. Things are going by so fast lately I can barely remember what happened yesterday, forget trying to remember last week..

Monday C left for another trip to Mexico. The good news is that he should be traveling less since they want him to take a more “managerial” position at work, so his underlings should do most of the traveling…K came to work as its her spring break. I feel bad having her work over break, but I know she needs/wants the money, just like any college student. I just think that I never got a spring break in college, I was always in some theatre building some show for hours on end, while the actors went to memorize lines in Daytona Beach. I want her to enjoy some things that I didn’t get to enjoy. I was in such a rush to go to school, to get done with school, to get into the big bad world I let so many things pass me by…Anyway…I did the usual, the laundry, bills, blogged, and made soap. K labeled lotion bars and then we made a bunch of bath fizzys. J ended up in the hospital again because of her GI problems. They ran a bunch of tests and haven’t been able to determine the source of her troubles. But that meant I spent the bulk of the afternoon and evening worrying about her.

Tuesday C was still in Mexico and K came over again. We made more soap, got more lotions wrapped, the fizzys wrapped, and I finally got the newsletters written, printed and folded.

Wednesday: C still gone, K working again. We got the last of the lotions wrapped, cornstarch broken down from the 25 lb bags I bought it in, into smaller more manageable containers, weighed out ingredients for fizzys, and made more soap. I got the 2007 catalogs done and folded. I hate it when I get something done that I have looked at a million times just to find typos. That is what happened this time too. Hopefully I found and fixed them all.

Thursday: C was supposed to come home but a scheduling discrepancy meant that a meeting that was supposed to be Thursday morning was being held on Friday morning so he has to spend another night in Mexico. K came over again. She got all the bath salts labeled, oils measured out for soap, and we finally got all the newsletters and catalogs in envelopes and ready to be sent.

Friday: C was supposed to come home from Mexico, but it snowed. He made it as far as North Carolina, but his connecting flight was cancelled. So he got a hotel and hunkered down for the night. K didn’t make it because of the snow. I got some orders ready to send out and some samplers made. I also shoveled some of the snow out of the driveway.

Saturday: With it looking like C wouldn’t get a flight home till Tuesday or later, he and a colleague rented a car and drove from North Carolina to PA/NJ. I got out the snow blower for the first time and got the entire house dug out. It was very empowering to be able to handle the machine and to get everything clean and safe. It was physically demanding but I actually enjoyed doing it. I also got some grocery shopping done at the new Fresh Market. It was a nice place, a little expensive, but they had a great selection of fresh fish and meats. I worked on my web site and started doing my events calendar in Google. It’s a really cool thing and I think it will work great for being able to show customers where I will be when. It even has a great map feature so people can figure out how far away shows are from where they live. And then I knit. I have been working on an afghan for B and I got the first two sections of it done, and then knit them together backwards. Now I need to get the time and the desire to rip them apart and put them back together. It was so frustrating I just can’t look at it yet. C made it home safe about 9 pm.

Sunday: More work on the web page and the calendar. We went to AC Moore so I could by a new display for the craft booth. Of course its not meant to be a display, but that is what I am going to use it for. And I got to watch the NASCAR race.

No comments: