3.27.2006

March 20-26- Week 12

First, I would like to address a comment that I received- that I make a lot of soap. I do, and most of the time when I do my daily breakdown I don’t even bother listing it as something I’ve done because it is so second nature now to be multitasking- soap and something else. On average I make about 120 bars a day when I make soap- that is three of my batches and all time involved takes me about 9 hours. Because I rebatch, or hand mill, it takes quite a while for the soap to melt down, and then I need to clean my crock pots and start all over again.

Second, this week ended up being a revelation for me. I have labeled myself as a procrastinator for some time now, but after talking with B at this weeks UWBW meeting I really for the first time realized that I am not a procrastinator. I do accomplish a ton of stuff each day- sometimes it is not what I planned to accomplish- or as much as I wanted to accomplish- but I still do a ton of stuff each day. I’ve changed my routine since then- to do what I HAVE to do each day (which really is quite a bit) and then 1 thing from my master list of things to do that needs to get done. Then I need to take some time for me each day as well- no more folding flyers while watching TV at night, or knitting bath mitts during CSI, not unless I take time all for ME someplace else. I have done this well for three days now- I have already learned two new ways to cast on (knitting) and a new way to control my yarn that keeps my hand from cramping up. I got as far as I can get working on a sweater (need to learn button holes) and started a scarf with this great yarn that I have been dying to use.

As for the rest of the week it was a blur. C was away on business, this means that I slept lousy all week and just wished for it to end. I did send out some show applications, got my April newsletter ready to mail, finished a mailing to potential wholesale customers, finished making 50 bubble bags (they just need labels), worked on homework, sent out a few orders, FINISHED MY TAXES!!!!, and my federal student aid forms, looked at houses, cleaned the house and the basement, and went to dinner at B’s on Tuesday- all this while making soap and the usual daily routine.

Last night the heater started acting up, we had to shut it down, I think it’s the pump, off to call the repair service- wish me luck!

No comments: