3.15.2006

March 6-12 Week 10

I feel like I am in a cycle- I work really hard for a couple of weeks and then I slack off- then I speed up, then I slack off. Although this isn’t anything I have planned (must be my biorhythms), it seems to be working well for me. Except for the fact that the schedule I made for myself was based on a steady work pace (therefore I keep running “behind”) I feel physically healthy, and that the typical doldrums of winter have been kept pretty much at bay. C will be away next week- so I will be working exceptionally hard when he is gone (I just can’t sleep so I might as well work)- and I am hoping that catches me up on this elusive self imposed deadline that I created back at New Years.

What is stressing me the most are some rather big things that I still have hanging above me- taxes, a new web site, new product labels, a trip to Florida with my dad that I need to plan, and just some random paperwork that just isn’t getting done.

Taxes will be done within the next two weeks if it kills me. B and I made a bet that we would get them done by 3/25. If we both get them done- then we plan a day away- a trip- and we go dutch and use “house” money to pay for it. If one of us doesn’t make the deadline- we can still go, but the looser needs to pay for both trips. And if we both miss the deadline- well then, the businesses need to pay for our respective husbands to take a trip together. All I can say is that I’m not paying for C to go anywhere, and I’m not taking the chance that she won’t get hers done too, so I have to get mine done.

As for the web site- I have the designer lined up- and if I can ever get my e-mail working properly, I may even be able to get some of her ideas and suggestions, etc. Not sure why I am having so much trouble with my e-mail lately…

New product labels are coming along- two are done and I have three more that are “hot” and three more that I would like to have, but I can make due without for now.

As for the trip: Dad, C and I STILL have a storage unit in Florida, from like 4 years ago. Time to clean it out and haul what we want to PA. Oh what fun…

So what did I get done last week- not a whole heck of a lot-

Monday I got up and did school stuff and a little paperwork. Then C and I went to Atlantic City for the night after he got home from work. Borgata keeps sending us free rooms, and we keep taking them. We actually won a little (which we spent on a really nice dinner).

Tuesday: We left Atlantic City early in the morning so C could go to work. I ran errands and just spent the day doing things I wanted to do. I went to a few book stores, a few craft stores, a cool yarn store, things like that. When he was done at work I picked him up and we went home.

Wednesday: I finished making up some samplers, stained a couple of new displays I have and tried (unsuccessfully) to put together a few more I bought. I even tried the “bigger hammer” rule and I still couldn’t get them together…and I did paperwork (where dies it all come from)- research for the UWBW meeting- school- etc.

Thursday: I woke up really groggy- and proceeded to spend the day watching episodes of X-files- season 2. About 7 in all. I am still amazed that this show after all these years can creep me out so much, and how many story lines they approached back then for one episode I have seemed to see lately (in the last few years) used to make a whole series out of. They were so ahead of their time.

Friday: I ran errands and attended the UWBW meeting. I noticed on D’s blog that she may be coming back to selling a few books- I hope she rejoins our group. We really covered a lot of ground.

Saturday and Sunday: I did homework for the week, finished cleaning my closet, went to a local craft show to check it out, went and looked at more houses, cleaned the living room from top to bottom, and even got a chance to watch the NASCAR race.

No comments: